* 1 package of organic cream of mushroom condensed soup
* 2 cooked chicken breasts, cubed
* 1 cup of long-grain rice
* 4 oz. reduced-fat Cheddar, shredded (about 1 cup)
* 1 bag of frozen broccoli florets, thawed
* Coat crockpot with cooking spray.
* Add all ingredients except broccoli. Stir in 3 cups of water.
* Cover and cook on low for 4 to 5 hours. For faster cooking time, cook on high for 2 hours.
* Stir in broccoli and cook for 30 minutes longer.
The only changes I made – did not pre-cook my chicken (forgot that, the only reason the chicken is precooked in this recipe is to avoid the “look” of the fat that is rendered off, you can brown your chicken slightly in a pan before tossing into the crock-pot to achieve the same results). I used about 3 cups of frozen wax beans and cooked on high for 4 hours.
The dinner was a success – a couple notes for changes to make, because we used minute rice the dish resembled gruel, if using minute rice, add rice with 30 minutes remaining to cook. If you would prefer, regular long grain rice can be used as called for in the recipe.
Descent meal, easy to prepare – would do again.